Right here’s our most up-to-date PUERTO PRINCESA TRAVEL GUIDE BLOG that you’ll use to devise your travel. It features a pattern Puerto Princesa itinerary for three days 2 nights, and go back and forth recommendations on the place to stick, how a lot price range to spend, and issues to do.
Ever heard of kambak-kambak syndrome?
Previous to our final Puerto Princesa travel, I’d by no means encountered this time period ahead of. You understand how you have a tendency to go back to a vacation spot time and again? It sort of feels to occur so much in Palawan, and so the locals gave it a reputation — kambak-kambak — a tongue-in-cheek spin to “come again, come again”. For the reason that our staff have set foot in Puerto Princesa more than one instances over the last decade, if it had been an actual situation, we more than likely had stuck it, too!
Whether or not it’s your first time otherwise you’re a kambak-kambak traveler, we’ve put in combination this Puerto Princesa go back and forth information that will help you plan a hassle-free adventure!
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
The capital of the province of Palawan, Puerto Princesa is a firstclass, extremely urbanized town. However regardless of the speedy construction over time, it keeps its rustic and partially suburban vibe; because of the strains of timber and the luxurious greenery that duvet the world. No surprise it’s regularly dubbed “The Town within the Woodland” and has been known as some of the cleanest and greenest towns within the nation.
Strategically positioned in the course of Palawan, it serves as the principle gateway to the primary island. Despite the fact that it will possibly take hours, you might want to get right of entry to as much as El Nido within the northernmost tip or Bataraza within the south, which serves because the leap off level to the mythical Balabac Islands. Town right kind faces Sulu Sea to the southeast, however its territory reaches till the West Philippine Sea to the northwest. Puerto Princesa could also be the second one biggest town within the Philippines, subsequent most effective to Davao.
Dubbed because the Eco-Tourism Middle of the Philippines, Puerto Princesa is understood for its arranged and synchronized tourism business. Quite a lot of sectors like excursion guides, boat operators, and tricycle drivers paintings in combination. The excursions are regulated and monitored via the Tourism Place of business, therefore standardized excursions are presented to vacationers. The most well liked is a excursion of the Puerto Princesa Underground River, which is a UNESCO Global Heritage Website online and voted as some of the New7Wonders of Nature in 2012.
Listed here are some very important knowledge that it’s possible you’ll to find helpful to grasp ahead of going to Puerto Princesa.
Puerto Princesa is open to all vacationers irrespective of their vaccination standing. We didn’t revel in any record inspection upon arrival within the town. However airline personnel do ask to peer the next upon checkin:
- Legitimate ID
- Vaccination card or VaxCertPH (for totally vaccinated vacationers)
Alternatively, in the event you’re coming from a spot below Alert Stage 2 or upper, a unfavorable antigen check outcome legitimate inside of at some point previous to departure is needed.
The Puerto Princesa World Airport (PPS) serves as the primary gateway to the town and different municipalities in Palawan. Maximum home airways — Philippine Airways, Cebu Pacific, AirAsia — have flights to and from Puerto Princesa, so searching for one would now not be an issue.
Puerto Princesa Airport to Town Middle
The Puerto Princesa World Airport is positioned inside the town heart. From right here, going to spaces inside the town right kind would take most effective couple of minutes.
Essentially the most handy mode of transportation from the airport is the tricycle. Tricycles can also be discovered parked out of doors the airport, looking forward to passengers. You’ll have to stroll a bit of to the gate and go out the airport to journey one.
Listed here are the fares from the airport to other portions of the town. Tricycles can accommodate as much as 3 other people.
- Inside the town heart: P150
- To San Jose Terminal: P200
- To Honda Bay: P500
For those who’re booked with an upscale resort or hotel, double test with the control first and spot if they provide unfastened airport transfers.
A large number of lodging are positioned inside the town heart, now not too a long way from the airport. Beachfront accommodations or hotels are normally positioned a bit of farther. Staying within the town right kind is perfect if you wish to see extra of the town and feature simple get right of entry to to its many eating places and stores.
Best Finances Lodges & Guesthouses in Puerto Princesa
Listed here are one of the top-ranking however inexpensive houses on Agoda with over 100 opinions:
Common Puerto Princesa Accommodations
When you’ve got a larger price range, listed here are one of the maximum well known houses within the town.
Most of the points of interest in Puerto Princesa can also be visited as a part of a excursion. Despite the fact that it’s imaginable to drag a DIY to save lots of at the prices, reserving a packaged excursion will make it extra handy and hassle-free. Whilst you avail of 1, you’ll actually have a skilled excursion information who can provide you with additional information and insights about every spot, permitting you to realize it extra.
On this phase, we’ll proportion with you the most efficient points of interest and actions in Puerto Princesa, grouped consistent with the excursions that they’re normally part of. We’ll come with prices for each packaged and DIY excursions.
Puerto Princesa Underground River Excursion
Town’s maximum well known vacationer spot, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is a UNESCO Global Heritage Website online, a Ramsar Wetland Website online, and some of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
On a paddle boat, you’ll be led via a information on a adventure into the cave that shelters the underground river. The excursion covers most effective the primary 1.5 kilometers, however the river measures 8.2 kilometers lengthy in complete. Some portions are open most effective to scientists and different accredited explorers.
Within the cave, you’re going to see surprising stalactites, stalagmites and the quite a lot of formations that took form for over hundreds of years. You’ll additionally be told extra in regards to the cave machine during the equipped audio information.
When you’ve got restricted time or price range and may just most effective avail of 1 packaged excursion, this will have to be it. The PPUR control most effective lets in a restricted choice of vacationers in line with day. As a result of this, walk-ins don’t seem to be allowed and complex reservation is needed. For those who e-book a excursion with a go back and forth company or excursion operator, they’ll maintain the bureaucracy for you. You’ll additionally keep away from the difficulty of arranging transportation to Sabang Seaside which is the jump-off level, round one and a 1/2 hours away.
Packaged excursions normally come with:
- roundtrip land switch to Sabang Seaside
- roundtrip boat switch to the underground river
- audio information
You might also avail this excursion by way of Klook for P1900. However in case you have extra time and larger price range, imagine doing a 3-in-1 Sabang Excursion. At P3550, it comprises the next:
- Underground River Excursion
- Sabang X Zipline
- Mangrove Paddle Excursion
Test up to date charges or e-book beneath:
Honda Bay Excursion
Honda Bay Excursion is an island hopping process that can take you to no less than 3 islands now not too a long way clear of the town. As of this writing, most effective 3 islands are open for island hopping excursions: Starfish Island, Luli Island, and Cowrie Island.
For those who’re touring with a big staff, pulling a DIY mean you can save. For those who’re touring solo, with a small staff otherwise you merely need the benefit of availing a packaged excursion, go back and forth businesses and accommodations normally be offering this excursion for P1500 in line with particular person.
For those who plan to go back and forth independently, listed here are the charges for personal boats. You’ll see two costs as a result of you’ve got two boat choices: 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder boats.
- 3 Islands (Starfish, Luli & Cowrie): P1800 to P2100
- 2 Islands (Luli & Cowrie most effective): P1500 to P1800
You might also decide to skip the island hopping in case you have a specific island you wish to have to consult with.
There’s additionally an environmental price that it’s a must to pay on the wharf. Listed here are the charges:
- Environmental price: P150
- Terminal price: P5
- Goggles & snorkel condo: P150
- Complete face masks condo: P200
- Aqua footwear condo: P150
- Fins condo: P150
Every island additionally has a separate front price and cottage condo charges as smartly. Listed here are the doorway charges in line with island.
- Cowrie Island: P100
- Luli Island: P70
- Starfish Island: P50
If you wish to keep away from the trouble of paying those charges by yourself, you’ll simply e-book a packaged excursion. Honda Bay Excursions are inclusive of land and boat transfers, front and cottages charges, and lunch. You might also avail this excursion by way of Klook!
Puerto Princesa Town Excursion
This half-day excursion can also be executed both within the morning or afternoon. Excursion operators normally be offering this excursion for P600 in line with particular person, however you’ll additionally constitution a tricycle for P1000 in line with automobile, which might accommodate as much as 3 other people.
Town excursion normally comprises the next stops:
- Palawan Flora and fauna Rescue and Conservation Middle. First referred to as Crocodile Farming Institute, it assists in keeping and breeds two species of crocodiles: the Philippine crocodile (Crocodylus mindorensis) and the saltwater crocodile (Crocodylus porosus). Rescued animals also are housed on this facility, particularly the ones which might be endemic to the province.
- Plaza Cuartel. A historical sq., Plaza Cuartel was once an outdated garrison the place the Palawan Bloodbath came about in December 1944. 100 fifty American prisoners of warfare had been stored in a tunnel all over Global Battle II till they had been killed via the Jap via burning them alive. 11 prisoners had been in a position to flee and continue to exist. Their names are actually displayed on a plaque within the plaza.
- Binuatan Creations. A present store the place you’ll purchase handloom woven merchandise constructed from Palawan’s local grasses and fibers. Apart from buying groceries, you’ll additionally see how the goods are made of their workshop or even take a look at weaving your self!
- Mitra’s Ranch. This assets sitting on peak of a hill in Brgy. Sta. Monica is owned via the past due Senator Ramon Mitra and his circle of relatives. It’s open to the general public and serves as a standpoint.
- Baker’s Hill. Common for his or her hopia and different pastries, that is the standard pasalubong prevent! It’s additionally a park with many picture-worthy corners and has an in-house eating place if you wish to grasp a chew.
If you wish to have a extra at ease excursion in an air-conditioned van, you’ll avail this excursion on Klook.
Firefly Observing Excursion
Spend a paranormal evening and watch fireflies and the celebrities whilst on board a small boat. There are 3 places for firefly observing in Puerto Princesa:
- Iwahig. The primary firefly observing location in Puerto Princesa. As of writing, that is closed and firefly observing excursions listed here are unavailable.
- Sicsican River. The excursion commences at the Baywalk, the place you’re going to hop on a ship that can take you to Sicsican River. A dinner at the boat could also be incorporated in this excursion.
- Nagsaguipi River. Delight in a buffet dinner ahead of you banquet your eyes with the sparkling fireflies!
Excursion operators be offering this excursion between P1300- P1600 in line with particular person. Firefly observing excursion in Nagsaguipi River could also be to be had on Klook.
Lower than an hour clear of the town right kind, Nagtabon Seaside was a place for many who wish to keep away from the group. Now, quite a lot of lodging institutions stand alongside the seaside, however the position stays simply as breathtaking. This can be a great position to consult with in the event you’re having a look to spend extra time at the seaside with no need to go back and forth too a long way clear of the town.
Make your strategy to San Jose terminal and hop on a bus going north. Any bus certain for Taytay, Roxas, or El Nido will do. Inform the driving force to drop you off in Bacungan (P80) then journey a tricycle going to Nagtabon Seaside (P300, max 3 pax).
For those who’re a bunch, you’ll hire a van to take you immediately to Nagtabon. If you’ll power two wheels, renting a bike could also be an choice if there are two of you otherwise you’re touring solo.
Nagtabon Seaside will also be incorporated on your Puerto Princesa Town Excursion itinerary for an extra price. Simply ask your motive force if he’s OK with it.
Thrill-seekers will love this appeal. This 800-meter lengthy zipline is claimed to be some of the longest ziplines within the Philippines. You’ll be able to revel in this solo or via pair as you float throughout Sabang Seaside. The journey would additionally deal with you to an unbelievable view of Sabang from above. It takes a brief 15-minute hike to achieve the zipline’s place to begin.
That is normally packaged with Underground River since Sabang additionally serves because the jump-off level to it. You’ll be able to do that previous to the underground river prevent if there’s an extended ready time or after it simply ahead of you’ve got lunch. Sabang X-Zipline prices P550.
You might also avail this by way of Klook for a reduced value.
Different Puerto Princesa Points of interest
- Ugong Rock Adventures. An journey park positioned in Barangay Tagabinet the place you’ll pass trekking, rappeling, and spelunking. A 71-meter zipline could also be some of the options, making your journey extra unforgettable. Ebook right here!
- Palawan Waterpark via Astoria. That is the one waterpark in Palawan. For those who’re searching for an process that youngsters and children at center alike would revel in, upload this in your itinerary. Every price ticket is inclusive of a lunch buffet. Price: Adults, P1200; Children (4ft and beneath), P950; Children (2 years outdated and beneath), FREE
- Tibag Falls. About 40 mins clear of the town heart, Tibag Falls is positioned in Bacungan. To get right here, board a bus going north at San Jose Terminal. Ask the driving force to drop you off close to Bacungan Bridge. From there, it might take a 2-hour stroll to achieve this wonderful falls.
To look extra puts to consult with, take a look at: PUERTO PRINCESA TOURIST SPOTS!
Discovering a spot to devour in Puerto Princesa may not be an issue. Town heart is teeming with a various selection of meals spots. If you wish to have to check out the Puerto Princesa classics, a couple of of them are positioned alongside Rizal Street.
For those who’re on the cheap, you’ll all the time depend on carinderias (small eateries) the place a P100-budget can get you a complete meal.
Listed here are one of the maximum well known eating places in Puerto Princesa:
Arguably the preferred eating spot in Puerto Princesa, this homey eating place focuses on Pinoy seafood dishes like seafood kare-kare, grilled fish, and shrimp or tuna sinigang. Their menu consists most commonly of seafood and greens dishes. They actually have a particular set meal this is just right for 2 for most effective P795. For those who’re making plans to dine right here, you should definitely name the eating place and make a reservation.
Location: Rizal Street, Puerto Princesa Town
Running Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM to two:00 PM – Lunch, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Dinner; Sunda, CLOSED
Touch quantity: (048) 726 6217
Kinabuch’s is an open-air grill and bar the place you’ll revel in some beverages along with your meal. Their menu has all kinds of Pinoy dishes from appetizers to dessert. It’s additionally a go-to position for many who need to check out Puerto Princesa’s unique dish, tamilok. It’s normally served uncooked with a facet of spiced vinegar.
Location: Rizal Street, Puerto Princesa Town
Running Hours: Day-to-day, 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cacaoyan Woodland Park
Cacaoyan Woodland Park is a buffet eating place set in a lush lawn bursting with IG-worthy spots. It serves as a lunch prevent on many Underground River excursions presented via go back and forth businesses. However if you wish to revel in this by itself, easiest to make advance reservations.
The lunch buffet is priced at P350/particular person, however you’ll get a bargain in the event you e-book with Klook.
Location: Sabang, Puerto Princesa
Running Hours: Day-to-day, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You’ll be able to additionally order tamilok right here for P100 in line with plate.
Different Puerto Princesa Eating places
- Badjao Seafront Eating place. If you wish to dine via the bay and banquet on contemporary seafood, that is where to be. It stands subsequent to mangroves and has a view of the sundown which provides to its appeal. Value begins at P125 as much as P550. Their seafood platter prices P1,150.
– Location: Abueg St., Puerto Princesa Town
– Running hours: Day-to-day, 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Balinsasayaw Eating place. The cheap-friendly eating place serving reasonable to mid-range Pinoy dishes. Their worth foods prices not up to P200. For those who’re with a bunch, additionally they have staff foods that you’ll avail.
– Deal with: Manalo St., Puerto Princesa Town
– Running Hours: Day-to-day, 10:00 AM to eight:00 PM
- Ka Joel’s Eating place. Some other dependable title within the town’s meals scene, Ka Joel’s serves Filipino delicacies. Its bestsellers come with rooster inasal and pork kare kare.
– Location: Purok Centro, Puerto Princesa Town
– Running Hours: Day-to-day, 11:00 AM to two:00 PM- Lunch, 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM- Dinner
For loaded vacationers, giant accommodations have their in-house eating places that spotlight their tackle Filipino delicacies.
- Hue Resort homes Matiz Eating place and Tapas Bar, which boasts a most commonly Spanish menu.
- Princesa Lawn Island Lodge and Spa has a eating advanced that includes 4 eating places together with the Golden Elephant Seafood Village, which focuses on Thai meals.
Right here’s a pattern 3-day 2-night Puerto Princesa itinerary with breakdown of bills. Be aware that this itinerary assumes the next:
- You’re a birthday celebration of two, splitting one of the prices.
- The lodging you’ll e-book prices P1500 in line with evening. For those who cut up it between 2 other people, that may be P750 in line with evening in line with particular person.
- You’ll e-book many of the excursions by way of Klook.
However as all the time, be at liberty to make changes in keeping with your time table and personal tastes.
- DAY 1: CITY TOUR
08:20 AM – Arrival in Puerto Princesa
09:00 AM – Tricycle to resort, P75 (P150/2pax)
09:20 AM – Resort check-in
11:00 AM – Early lunch
12:30 PM – Town Excursion (Tricycle), P500 (P1000/2pax)
– Crocodile Park: P70
– Butterfly Lawn: P60
– Mitra’s Ranch: P20
04:00 PM – Resort, clean up
06:00 PM – Dinner at Ka Lui, P500
09:30 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 2: UNDERGROUND RIVER
06:00 AM – Get up name
07:00 AM – Underground River Excursion, P1900, Ebook right here!
04:00 PM – Again to resort, Relaxation
07:00 PM – Dinner at Kinabuch’s, P500
10:00 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 3: HONDA BAY TOUR
6:00 am – Get up, early check-out, depart baggage
7:00 am – Honday Bay Excursion, P1640, Ebook right here!
2:00 pm – Again to resort, select up baggage
3:00 pm – Tricycle to airport, P75 (P150/2pax)
5:30 pm – Flight again to Manila
This itinerary would value you round PhP 5700 (USD 103, EUR 96, SGD 139), except for airfare and resort however together with a bit of of allowance for incidental bills.
For those who’re in a position to e-book a room for P1400/evening or P700/evening/particular person, get ready to shell out a complete of PhP 7,100 (USD 128, EUR 120, SGD 172) except for airfare however together with some allowance.
You’ll be able to convey the associated fee even decrease in the event you’re a larger staff and via doing the Honda Bay Excursion by yourself (DIY-style).
- Tricycle fare for brief distances is round P15-25. Fares to and for the airport normally value greater than the common fares.
- Stroll when you’ll. The streets of Puerto Princesa are punctuated with timber so it doesn’t get as scorching as different extremely urbanized towns.
- Convey your individual reusable water bottle, so that you don’t wish to stay purchasing bottled water. Doing this may mean you can lower your expenses and scale back plastic waste on the identical time. You’ll be able to simply fill up your water bottle at your resort or at your lunch/dinner stops.
- Convey insect repellent lotion. Offer protection to your self from mosquitoes via making use of insect repellent lotion particularly while you pass trekking or island hopping.
- Use coral-friendly sunscreen. Steer clear of the use of sunscreen that comprises components that would hurt the coral reef like oxybenzone and parabens.
When is the most efficient time to consult with Puerto Princesa?
January to April, the driest duration. However understand that those also are the busiest months, peaking in March and April, which might be thought to be “summer season” months within the Philippines.
If you wish to keep away from the group, time table a travel round January to February when the elements isn’t too scorching and now not that wet both. But, it is usually vital to notice that Palawan is in between two primary seas, the West Philippine Sea and the Sulu Sea. Its location extremely impacts its climate machine, which isn’t the same as the remainder of the rustic. Even all over the dry season, it may well be lovely damp and rain is anticipated within the afternoons. If truth be told, our staff have visited in April as soon as and it nonetheless poured on a few days. Or even in our different visits in different months, it might regularly rain within the afternoon.
Puerto Princesa is a year-round vacation spot. Whilst the town took a beating from Hurricane Odette a couple of years in the past, this isn’t a typical incidence. Palawan is positioned within the western excessive of the rustic, remoted from maximum different primary islands. It isn’t alongside the standard storm direction.
What’s the energy plug/socket utilized in Puerto Princesa?
Electrical energy Information: 220V, 60Hz. Socket Sort A, most commonly.